The (former) 18 Bank of Japan was a regional bank of Japan headquartered in Nagasaki, Japan, and it first opened its doors in Incheon in 1890 in Joseon. Starting from this, branches were opened nationwide, and Gunsan was established in 1907, the seventh branch in Joseon.
This bank is a financial institution established for the purpose of exporting rice to Japan and selling land during the Japanese colonial rule. Consisting of a single-story main building and two sub-buildings (warehouses and offices) on the second floor, the building was designed in a closed exterior according to the general style of contemporary bank architecture, and partially decorated with artificial stone. In addition, it shows the characteristics of the bank architecture built in the early days of the Japanese colonial period.
*Click on the map to see the detailed map.